Here is some important information from Mason Dental in Grapevine: gum disease is a main cause of tooth loss among adults. There is also evidence that it is connected to heart disease. Fortunately, gum disease treatment is fairly straight forward when it’s caught in the early stages.
These are among the most common signs of gum disease:
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that appear tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- A bite that changes, or teeth that suddenly don’t seem to fit together
- Gums that pull away from the teeth
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
A daily dental care routine is important for healthy teeth and gums. If you are not removing plaque between your teeth, your gums are at risk. Brushing alone is not enough—make sure you floss daily.
Regular check-ups at Mason Dental is another essential weapon in the fight against gum disease.