Before your first appointment at Mason Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, please take a few minutes to reflect upon how you feel about your smile, its effect on your self-image, and how it influences the quality of your interactions with others. The following questions are intended to help you with that process:
- Are you unhappy with the appearance of your teeth and smile?
- If so, what would you like to change about your smile?
- Do you like the color, size, and shape of your teeth?
- Have you ever found yourself looking at pictures of models/actors and wishing you had a similar smile?
- How does your smile make you feel? Confident? Insecure?
- Have you ever held your hand in front of your mouth when talking?
- Do you shy away from smiling fully?
- Have you ever not laughed because you were uncomfortable with your smile?
- When photographed, do you smile with your lips closed or with a big smile?
- Are you embarrassed to see a dentist because of the condition of your teeth?
- How would a beautiful new smile make you feel?
- Would you like to look ten years younger?
Now that you’ve thought about how your smile makes you feel, stand in front of a mirror, smile broadly, and think about these more objective aspects of your smile:
- Are you missing any teeth?
- Are your teeth crooked or uneven?
- Are all your teeth bright white or are they somewhat dark, yellow, or stained?
- Do any teeth appear too short, too large, or too small?
- Do you have any gray, black, or silver fillings in your teeth?
- Do you have any old crowns or bridges with dark edges that don’t look natural?
- Are any of the biting edges chipped or worn down?
- Are there spaces between any of your teeth?
- Do you have a “gummy” smile showing too much gum tissue?
- Have your gums receded? Are they puffy or red?
If your answer to any of these questions is “Yes”, then here’s the good news: We can provide you with a more beautiful smile. If you’re ready to take the next step, please contact Mason Family Dentistry in Grapevine, Texas today.