“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Benjamin Franklin said that for fire safety. But at Mason Dental in Grapevine, we think it applies to many more characteristics of modern life, particularly dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some essential guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard when joining in an activity where your mouth could be damaged.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Skip piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a dangerous fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
6. Refrain from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
At Mason Dental in Grapevine, helping our patients establish good dental health is important. Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry. Make an appointment with us today.
Contact Mason Dental – Cosmetic & Family Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):